Nik Software hat die Version 3.0 seines Vorzeige-Plug-Ins für Photoshop und Aperture “Sharpener Pro” angekündigt. Die neue Version kann ab sofort heruntergeladen werden. Als besonders interessant könnte sich die neue U-Point-Technology erweisen, die es dem Anwender ermöglichen soll, selektiv einzelne Bereiche eines Bildes nachzuschärfen.
Neu mit dabei sind auch neue Ausgabe-Presets und eine “kreativer” Schärfemodus. Ebenfalls soll die neue Version eine Softproof-Funktion zur Verfügung stellen, die Kosten- und Zeit-intensive Proofs vermeiden soll.
Eine 15-Tage-Trial-Version kann ab sofort auf der Herstellerwebseite heruntergeladen werden. Die Vollversion von Sharpener Pro 3.0 kostet $199, das Upgrade wird mit $99 zu Buche schlagen.
New plug-in for Photoshop® and Aperture™ incorporates U Point® technology for precise selective sharpening
Las Vegas, NV – September 4th, 2008 (Photoshop World, Booth #321) – Nik Software today announced the latest version of its popular Sharpener Pro photographic plug-in for use with Adobe® Photoshop® and Apple® Aperture™. Designed for professionals and photo enthusiasts, Sharpener Pro 3.0 is the most advanced and powerful sharpening solution for photographers, eliminating the guesswork typically required for achieving superior and consistent results.
Now featuring Nik Software’s patented U Point technology, Sharpener Pro 3.0 enables photographers to selectively sharpen objects within their images. U Point powered Control Points are easy to use and offer precise control over sharpening intensity without the need to create complicated selections and layer masks.
“Sharpener Pro 3.0 has been dramatically improved with a range of new features, including powerful creative sharpening tools, a soft proofing option, and integrated U Point technology,” said Michael J. Slater president and CEO of Nik Software. “This new version of Sharpener Pro offers the most comprehensive tools for optimally sharpening images for any output device while also offering photographers the complete control they expect, “Slater concluded.”
* New U Point Powered Control Points – Enables precise, selective sharpening control
* Updated Output Sharpening – Provides the ultimate control to create perfectly sharpened images on all devices and media types such as display, inkjet, continuous tone, half tone, and hybrid tone
* New Creative Sharpening – Enhances fine details and textures with new structure, focus, and local contrast tools for drawing attention to desired areas within the image
* New Industry-First Sharpening Soft Proof – Allows detailed inspection of sharpening results on screen before printing, eliminating costly test prints
* New Output Presets – Enables custom settings to be saved for consistent, professional results
* Updated RAW Presharpener – Retains and enhances sharp details within images without amplifying noise and other artifacts
* Updated Powerful Selective Tool (Photoshop only) – Enables the use of Photoshop’s brush tools to paint in sharpening selectively
* New Smart Filter Support (Photoshop only) – Provides compatibility with Adobe Photoshop’s Smart Objects enabling adjustments to sharpening after Sharpener Pro has been applied
* New Multi-Image Support (Aperture only) – Provides compatibility with Aperture’s multi-image support, allowing photographers to easily copy and paste settings between images to maintain consistency
Pricing and Availability , & Promotion with Gekko-brand Fine Art Papers
Sharpener Pro 3.0 will be available in September for electronic delivery directly from Nik Software (www.niksoftware.com) in four languages (English, French, German, and Spanish) and will be available through specialty camera retailers in October of 2008. A complete list of resellers may be found at www.niksoftware.com/resellers.
The suggested retail price of Sharpener Pro 3.0 is $199.95. Upgrades from any previous version are available for $99.95. Sharpener Pro 3.0 installs as a plug-in for either Adobe Photoshop or Apple Aperture 2.1 and is available for Windows and Macintosh operating systems, including Vista and Leopard. For more information about Sharpener Pro 3.0, including video tutorials showing the software running within Photoshop and Aperture and a free 15-day fully functional trial version, please visit www.niksoftware.com/sharpenerpro.